Subhadeep Koley (শুভদীপ)
I am a second-year Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) candidate, focusing on Computer Vision and Deep Learning, at SketchX Lab of Centre for Vision, Speech and Signal Processing (CVSSP), University of Surrey, England, United Kingdom. My primary supervisor is Prof. Yi-Zhe Song; co-supervised by Prof. Tao (Tony) Xiang.
Prior to this, I worked as an Image Processing & Deep Learning Engineer at The MathWorks, specializing in Digital Image Processing, Pattern Recognition, Multi & Hyperspectral imaging, Deep Learning, and Medical Image Analysis.
Prior to that, I worked as a Graduate Engineer at Johnson Controls.
Top-venue Conference publications (March 2023): 8 X CVPR, 1 X ICCV.
Google Scholar  /
My research focus is broadly centred around Deep Learning and its applications in Computer Vision problems. My specific area of interest is deep learning-based visual understanding of hand-drawn sketches. Our research group aims at understanding "how seeing can be explained by drawing".
Previous Research Experiences
Professional & Voluntary work
Serving as a reviewer for:
Serving as a reviewer for CVPR, ICCV, BMVC.
- EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing, Springer, 2021-
- Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier, 2021-
- Future Generation Computer Systems, Elsevier, 2020-
- Signal Processing, Elsevier, 2020-
- Information Sciences, Elsevier, 2022-
- The Imaging Science Journal, Taylor & Francis, 2022-
- Frontiers in Computer Science, 2022-
- Cybernetics and Systems, Taylor & Francis, 2023-
- IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 2023-
- IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 2023-
- IET Computer Vision, 2023-